Assistant Professor, Civil, Environmental and Construction Engineering
Texas Tech University
Assistant Professor, Texas Tech University. (September 2018 – Present).
Director, Multi-Hazard Sustainability Research Group (HazSus). (August 2013 – Present).
Assistant Professor, Marquette University. (August 2013 – August 2018).
Lecturer, Stanford University. (October 2012 - December 2012).
Consultant, National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program (NEHRP) Consultants Joint Venture. (June 2011 - September 2011).
Delegate, United Nations Climate Change Conference, Worldwatch Institute. (December 2009).
Structural Engineering Intern, Leslie E. Robertson Associates. (July 2006 - August 2006).
SIGNIFICANT HONORS AND AWARDS
- Science NextGen VOICES “Measures of Success” Essay Winner (2016)
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI) 2011 Outstanding Paper Award for Earthquake Spectra (2013)
- The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM) Policy and Global Affairs (PGA) Planning Committee Member for Resilient Technology Workshop
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) Board of Governors Level Task Committee Member on Confirmation & Update of Vision for the Future
- Institutional Representative and Ground Motion Simulation Validation (GMSV) Technical Activity Group Member of the Southern California Earthquake Center (SCEC)
- Computational tools of the Conditional Spectrum and Ground Motion Prediction Model Deaggregation implemented in the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) hazard mapping interface and adopted by the Global Earthquake Model (GEM)
- Findings on risk-based and intensity-based seismic assessments recommended as the Applied Technology Council (ATC-82) analysis guidelines (featured on NIST GCR 11-917-15 cover), the 2015 NEHRP provisions, and the ASCE 7-16 building codes