Assistant Professor, School of Construction, Infrastructure and Sustainability
Florida International University
RESEARCH AND EDUCATION INTERESTS
Sustainability of the Built Environment; Sustainable Development, Design and Construction; Social and Human-centered Sustainability; Engineering Education; Construction Engineering and Management; Energy Efficiency Measures and Modeling; Project Management, Risk Assessment and Mitigation; Sustainable Infrastructure and resilience for Extreme Weather; Construction and Engineering Workforce Development
- 2018-Present - Assistant Professor - Moss School of Construction, Infrastructure and Sustainability Florida International University - FIU; College of Engineering and Computing
- 2017-2018 - Assistant Professor - Sustainable Construction Management - State University of New York - SUNY
- 2014-2017 - Graduate Research Associate, School of Sustainable Engineering & Built Environment - Arizona State University - ASU
- Summer 2014 - Environmental Design Consulting, The University of Arizona - UA
- 2013-2014 - Graduate Teaching Assistant, College of Architecture, Planning and Landscape Architecture, The University of Arizona - UA
- Summer of 2015 - Consultancy Service for Madisson Construction - Melbourne, Australia
- 2008-2013 - Project Manager, Sixth of October Developing & Investment Company (SODIC)
- 2008-2008 - Planning Engineer, Turner - Project Management International Ltd
- 2007-2008 - Contracts and Procurement Engineer, Ministry of Housing Consultancy Office
- 2005-2007 - Controls and Tendering Engineer, Hamza Associates
- Mentored undergraduate construction management students to compete internationally in Coins Grande Challenge competitions (2017 winning and 2019 runner-up).
- Mentored interdisciplinary student team to participate in the DOE RacetoZero Competition (where only top international eight Teams were selected to present) - 2018.
- Mentored student team in the Associate Schools of Construction ASC Competition and achieved 2nd place - 2017.
- Recognized best Presentation International Conference on Sustainable design, Engineering and Construction - 2016.
- Initiated US Green Building Council ADVANCE 2030 District Workshop, University of Arizona, Downtown campus - 2015.
- Received University of Arizona Research Excellence Award for Spring 2014.
- Development of a Research tool to support Project Development Rating Index (PDRI) for Small infrastructure projects. This tool supports the quantification of risk associated with small infrastructure projects as well as provides success indicators during the Front-End Planning phase.
- Creating a Framework to prepare and train the Future Workforce of Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) for Automation and Robotic Processes. This framework evaluates the current status and provides badges to educate the future workforces with fundamental knowledge to adopt robotics in AEC.
- Development of a guide to implementing Alternative Technical Concepts for Contract Delivery Methods in Accelerated Bridge construction. This guide can support project stakeholders including DOTs and contractors adopt ATC for ABC projects.
- Broadening the Participation of School and Undergraduate Students and Underrepresented Groups in STEM through Advancing Engineering Undergraduates' professional presentation skills through Multi-Context Communication-training activities.